quarta-feira, março 22, 2006

THE BEST OF ALBERT EINSTEIN (for me...)

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Most of the fundamental ideas of science are essentially simple, and may, as a rule, be expressed in a language comprehensible to everyone.

Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.

Solitude is painful when one is young, but delightful when one is more mature.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.

The only real valuable thing is intuition.

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.

Sem comentários: